Monday, April 18, 2011

Tools of the Trade and Lobsters (again!)

This is a plate I did just for fun at a workshop, and of course because I wasn't planning for anything to actually turn out well . . . it did! Unfortunately this print is a drypoint, which is done by scratching into the metal and raising a bur. When you run a plate through the press the bur gets squashed back into the plate, so I am starting to loose the lines of this print. DRATS!




It doesn't help that I've been experimenting with spit bite on it too (as seen in the tonal areas). I hope this little plate lasts long enough for me to run an edition!

And for the record, this is a reworking of the drawing I did a few posts back for the paint sample project. It is a man taking his lobsters for a walk . . . cause duh, that's what you do.





Here is an inventory sheet I did for the studio of all the tools we have. I know it's very small, so you may have to click on them to get a better look.

The drawings were fun to do and I figured I'd better get documentation of them before they get even more smudged and handled then they already are.





Also, if you annoy a printmaker these are the tools we use for mouth and eyelid torture.

A little known fact.


1 comment:

Jacinta Whitcome said...

mmmm...mouth and eyelid torture....Nice tools Meme.