Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2011, a recap on some oldies but goodies that got lost in the mix

With this new year I'd like to take a look back at some older work that I think is noteworthy that somehow missed the bill a while back.

In recent news I have begun my internship at Zea Mays print shop, a nontoxic studio in Florence, MA where I am researching a different, less toxic way to etch zinc plates. Being a part of this studio has really started my year off with a bang and hopefully I'll be posting some new etchings (etched and printed using less toxic methods than are traditionally used, cause lets face it, chemicals stink!) Check out the studio, http://www.zeamaysprintmaking.com/ and stop by if you are in the Happy Valley!

If all goes well I will be etching some zinc plates in a new mordant I and another intern are researching called Saline Copper Sulfate which, in laymen terms, is a really corrosive salt that is much less harmful than nitric.

I just scanned a LOT of art, so stay tuned for more recent work!




What happens when you put a bird in a suit?



Eventually it has to come out of the suit.



Lamb chops!!




A sketch of a some South American animal that I love whose name escapes me. . .



A preliminary sketch for a book I did called, "The Flight of Mortimer."



A sketch entitled something like, "Nose" to prove to myself that if I wanted, I could be realistic and it doesn't have to be boring.

1 comment:

Melissa Mandel said...

I remember now, it's the coati, or the coatimundi! What a lovely rodent.