Sunday, February 20, 2011

Some (belated) Valentines



Happy (belated) Valentines day friends and loved ones. I am the wayward bird, and you are at the end of my string.

Each year for Valentines day I make a point of sending out handmade valentines to the people I love who I don't see enough of. This year I moved from New York to Massachusetts, quadrupling the number of people I need to send long distance love to. Had money and time not been a factor many more would have received a valentine, but know that in the carving of this woodblock you were all on my mind.






An interactive valentine with a hinged doughnut entitled "Mine (and yours)". Made for the Paper Hearts show at Waterstreet Market in New Paltz, NY featuring the luscious art of local artists. The show is still up now, check it out before it's too late!! Every piece in the show is for sale.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=104184399660114

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wayward bird, come fly with me. Through the air let us swing! Wonderful print.