Monday, November 28, 2011

Snowdrop Ornament

Due to the unfair nature of retail I have been listening to Christmas music for the past two weeks, but in my heart Christmas celebrations don't start till the 1rst of December. And though my 9-5 days are ruined by the whiney ruminations of Justin Bieber, I still am excited for that warm fuzzy Christmasy feeling.

At one of my day jobs we do an annual Christmas ornament contest and all employees are required to participate.




This winter has been unseasonably warm, which has caused the forsythia to bloom again, and a few weeks ago I swear I saw some crocuses pushing out of the ground. Snow drops are one of my favorite flowers because they always herald spring and hope, while still respecting the icy beauty of winter with both their cold tolerance and their delicate, crystalline beauty.



May the Christmas season begin!

2 comments:

Mark said...

The flowers look like small faeries. Beautiful work.

leynie said...

I love it <3