Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Month of Birthdays

May, it seems, is a month of change. One of spring blossoms and new life. It isn't surprising then to realize that this month is the birth month of many very wonderful people that I know. It seems they sprung out of the ground like a crop of snow drops, reveling in the warm sun that for so many months seemed so distant behind a curtain of snow.

So for this post I figured I'd focus on one of my favorite things to draw, birthday cards. I hope the recipients don't mind my sharing their personalized cards. If so, send your letters to my complaints department and I'll send you a honey smoked ham for your emotional damage.

 

One of the bad things about birthdays is the lingering threat of the birthday monster coming to pay you a visit. Happy Birthday kids! Stab the cake extra good before you take a bite!!



Then of course there is the birthday mating dance of the Kaw-Kaw bird. More beautiful than anything known to man, but just about as deadly as a well placed honey smoked ham. If you don't know how deadly that can honestly be, then you should go away for a while and think about that concept. And if you come back from your ruminations and aren't stark raving mad then I will give you a honey smoked ham as a consolation prize for all your hard work.

 Oh and by the way, I don't think I plugged this officially on the blog yet but I have an online portfolio of my work. If you want to see what I do without wadding through all the snarky wit and obnoxious Natelie Merchant and ham references, then check this out!! www.melissamandel.carbonmade.com







1 comment:

Mark said...

Thankfully the birthday monster has not yet discovered the secret to hiding in a homemade fruit tart.