Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Felt and Nonsense

 Do you like awkward yetis on bags with googly eyes? Do you like purple octopus bat creatures gazing wistfully into the distance? Oh do you? WELL I thought so!



Do you find yourself asking, "Hey there Melissa, what the heck are you doing sewing so many things?" Well my friends, aside from my little stitchling army I am making to help pave the way to world domination, I've been preparing for COTA in the fall. COTA stands for Celebration of the Arts and it's a fun little shin-dig held in New Paltz wherein the streets overflow with artists selling their wares, pulled pork sandwiches, magicians, and other silly things. It's great fun! So though I feel like I haven't been accomplishing anything these past weeks because I'm behind in my Quill Them All post and none of my 2D work is getting done, I guess stuffed animals count for something.




 

Coming soon. . . . . underpants with my drawings printed on them!!! I'm super excited about this. I have the films drawn up and luckily I work at a silkscreen shop, so hopefully maybe next week I'll get a-rollin' on that ball!

No comments: