Thursday, January 5, 2012

Zea Mays

Happy new year everyone! It is hard to believe that just a year ago I was moving to Massachusetts to intern at Zea Mays, a nontoxic print shop. So much has happened in that one year, and I feel all the more wiser and enlightened for the experience.

In my e-mail today I received a newsletter from the studio giving an update on their current events. They have been planing on moving the studio to a larger location for a while, and it seems that with the new year, these plans have really started to come to fruition. It amazes and inspires me that even in a time of economic trial this studio is still finding support and interest from the community. Click here to view the status of their renovations.

The reason for this post is to make an appeal for donations on behalf of Zea Mays. I know money is tight for all of us, but by supporting an art community that is working towards developing safe, nontoxic studio practices and alternatives you are not only helping the studio, you are contributing in a larger movement to take the toxins out of the art world, protecting artists as well as the environment. My budget is as tight as the next person's, but if you are like me and you want to support a group of innovative deserving artists then feel free to drop some cash their way. Anything is welcome, even if it is a couple of bucks.

My time interning there was one of the best studio experiences ever and I wouldn't interrupt my normal posting of stupid animal drawings if I didn't feel it was for something important. So in the very least check out their website. Happy new years everyone! May your resolutions be as inspiring!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Hey they put your research up. Very cool.