Sunday, September 30, 2012

Old Ox



Hello again. Next weekend is COTA! And now, I'd like to let you into a little secret. If you show up to the COTA festival and you find my booth you should say to me in your most favorite foreign accent* the code word, "Fop-doodle**!" If you remember to do this I will then, on the spot do a drawing of an animal of your choosing for free! Fun huh? Boy I'm excited!!! So much awesome stuff to show you, so much high fives to give!

As for this Ox drawing, this is currently for sale at Cornell Street Studio in Kingston. He is quite majestic. I believe his full title is something like, "Old Ox Experiences the Profoundness of Life." Or something of that caliber of gas bag-ed blah blahs. I like long titles but I can never justify having them for the room they take up and the conceit they exude. I would rather write a story about the life cycle of the Ox in a field and the thoughts in his head. But maybe the way to achieve this end is to put enough intrigue into the drawing itself so a title doesn't need to shout out the idea so much.

See you next Saturday!!!


*accent isn't necessary,  it'll just make it more fun!
**fop-doodle means either an insignificant particle in science, or in reference to a person- an idiot. It's one of my favorite words!

No comments: