Sunday, October 28, 2012

Wren



This week I started experimenting with trace monotype again and this little wren was born. It's funny how different inks can either wonderful or HORRIBLE for different processes. I have an oil based relief ink that I rolled out that was the pits for this process! Granted I am doing my own printing in my bedroom with limited resources, but ink should roll out thinly right? That's kind of what it's been made for. So I went for another type of ink I have, the Akua water based relief ink, which worked wonderfully!! However one of the things I noticed is it takes FOREVER to dry. Does anyone have any sort of experience with this? Perhaps it's an older formula because the bottle I have was a free sample given to me at the Southern Graphics Conference (a nerdy printmaking convention full of nerds and nerdy ink and paper conversations punctuated by obscure vocabulary, sexually charged lithography jokes, and a flourish of inky business cards) that was hosted maybe 6 years ago. But I'll just have to try some different things out, and if all works out well I may have a special exciting thing to tell you about at a later post. I'll have to sit on this news for a little bit longer until I get some final assent from the powers that be. :)

On an unrelated note I am very excited for next week's post because it tickles my cockles. It's already loaded and scheduled to post on Sunday, so stay tuned for next week and perhaps your cockles will be tickled too! Hint: things may seem a bit alien.

No comments: